30 August 2011

Now they made me Minister

Bang on cue, Super One hacks did exactly what I predicted on this blog yesterday. They used up 1 minute 16 seconds of the evening news bullettin to say that Bondiplus will be broadcast twice a week (true) and that it has been repeatedly found guilty of breaking the law (a lie).

Like Pavlov's dogs, they turned the chronically uninteresting fact that Bondiplus will be aired twice into a moment to man the ramparts. Hearing their war room-like language it is as if World War III is imminent.

Driving to work this morning I expected to see people digging up their gardens and installing underground nuclear shelters to protect their loved ones from Bondiplus fallout. Keep Calm And Carry On.

Here is an interesting sidebar. The Super One item was written by one Charlon Gouder. Needless to add, there is no better expert on which laws are broken, by whom, where and at what time. He  got straight 'A's in an intensive night course on the subject at Albert Town.

There was something I did not predict, however. Maltastar asked whether I would now be paid double for my services. "So far only Cabinet members have been given a double salary," they solemnly declared.

From now on call me Bondi, Minister Bondi. If you'd like an appointment call Krista Caruana, the Bond girl who is now my chef de cabinet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're trying to understand which day the second program will be scheduled.