26 October 2011

Damn, I missed one

During the infamous edition of Inkontri featuring angry, decrepit has-beens and hysterical crackpots, Jeffrey Pullicino Orlando told what was probably the juiciest lie. 

Given that the programme was a thriving trade fair of lies, slanderous and false statements, as I have already shown, this is saying something.

JPO claimed that I was not always in favour of divorce. In the warped world he's inhabiting nowadays he's convinced himself that I was "against divorce" until someone, presumably in the PN, "pulled strings" and got me to flip. The strings yanked me away from opposing divorce and got me to embrace it, said JPO frothing at the mouth.

My instinctive response was to say that he was telling a barefaced lie, which he was. And it was a mad lie at that because even in the article of mine he quoted to 'substantiate' it I clearly state that I was in favour of divorce. In addition, I have never, ever, said or written anything which remotely suggests that I am against divorce.

Alas the brazenness of JPO's lie blinded me to its almost comical internal contradiction. As a wise friend gently pointed out, what the hell was JPO suggesting?

Unless the anti-divorce PN had a fetish for political self-harm, why would they get me to switch from being anti- to being pro-divorce? How could JPO simultaneously hold himself up as a profile in courage for taking on the anti-divorce PN machine and then say that the machine was secretly pressuring me to become pro-divorce?  

Bizarre, totally bizarre.




2 comments:

Manuel said...

It's even more bizarre when one considers that, some years ago,JPO had publicly made known his views against divorce. His own personal circumstances have, since then, changed. when his partner was not invited to officially attend a public ceremony connected to the Pope's visit, JPO appears to have taken the slight very much to heart. The Private Members' Bill followed shortly after that rebuff.

The PL, obviously animated solely by a commendable and exemplary Christian spirit, decided to forgive Jeffrey's pre-election antics,and as good as allied itself with him. How Alfred Sant - so deeply wronged by Jeffrey's and the PN's concerted shenanigans- must have seethed!

And now JPO has become the darling of many Labourites who once, understandably, detested him and his deceptive, PN-sponsored antics at the time of Mistragate. They all seem to have forgotten that the PL may have lost the election precisely because of that carefully-choreographed political mischief.

The unfathomable ways of politics!

Bullybeef and Chips said...

@Manwel
There is nothing bizarre about it. The man whould sell his own grandmother if he thinks that he will be able to gain anything for it I bet he has a little black book in his pocket were he records diligently every single real or perceived slight he ever received in his life since he was a toddler at the skola tan-nuna.Daily he goes over the list and ticks off the next target. Now that he has got hiw own back at the church , it is Gonzi's turn.