29 September 2011

Thanks, Joe

Joe Brincat, former PL deputy leader
Dr Joe Brincat, the former deputy leader of the Partit Laburista, put up this comment under my last post on Lawrence Grech's lies.
 
"Reading between the lines, you are more hurt than you say. You start questioning yourself when to have faith in human nature. I am sorry for you. I know how it feels, so you are not alone. If you can learn a lesson from it, then see the positive side. 
When journalism embarks on crusades, someone finally gets hurt, not excluding the journalist!" (J.Brincat- LL.D ) 28 September 2011 21:15
 
Thanks Joe, I appreciate your kindness and understanding.

3 comments:

silvio said...

@Bondi.
I now feel that we know more of what was going on behind the scene in the Lawrence Grech case.
I sincerly apologise,for what I wrot,in your blog,on the 27nt september.
I was completly wrong,in assuming,that you were abandonig "the sinking Titanic"
I have read your explanations,I think you did the right thing.
Lawrence Grech is proving to be a liar and as a matter of fact,I think that he was only using you in reaching his aim,which was nothing but money.
It takes
a ruthless man to make use of such a bad experience (I now doubt much of what he said) just to make money.As a matter of fact ,I think that there should be a re-trial once he has proved himself such a liar.

tina said...

Silvio, it is just possible that you are right. Then again, it could be the action of a man who has been permanently damaged as a child.

silvio said...

@ tina
I tend to agree,but will money mend the damaged that was caused as a child?
In the event that these children suffered damage(mental) what they really need is treatment,and that is exactly what the Curia is offering.
I would not exclude some help in finding jobs etc.but to just give them a lump sum of money and expect that will wipe off their bad experience,I don't think makes much sense, and it literally smells of opportunisim and opening the doors to unlimited unscrupulous claims,by anyone who might decide to try his luck and claim to have been abused 20 or 30 years ago.