24 October 2011

It's none of your business, Joe

Joe Grima is trying to make a big issue about the fact that I sent a couple of smes to Peppi during last Monday's Inkontri. He is making it sound as if this was a dark sign  of ... errrr what exactly? I cannot, for the life of me figure it out.

Here's what he wrote:

" ... did you realise that throughout the whole show Peppi had his own persnal prompter on his tablet, I presume, suggesting what he should say? Who do you think that prompter was? My guess is that it was Lou Bondi." 

Excuse me? Since when do I need Joe Grima's permission before I sms my busom friend, colleague and partner in business? Grima stacks his programme against me, does not invite me, does not allow me to participate by phone and then grudgingly gives me 180 seconds to respond. But then he goes ballistic because Peppi and I exchange a couple of smes. 

Grima's paranoia is wonderfully suggestive of how, despite almost a quarter of a century of freedom, the former Labour minister remains uncomfortable with it.

Still stuck in the control freakiness of the 1980s, he instinctively starts sweating when two people who are friends and partners sms each other in 2011.

4 comments:

S Farrugia said...

Disgusting !!!Joe Grima calling Peppi -b'ghagheh imberqin. Him out of all people. Is this the way people in the media
refer to each other

Antoine Vella said...

I watched the first few minutes of Grima's programme tonight and it's so obvious that Labour has not changed since the 1970s and 1980s.

Of course, those who do not remember the Mintoff/KMB years (when Joe Grima made a name for himself by physically assaulting a Broadcasting Authority member) cannot make this comparison but it doesn't mean that they do not see the bullying and moral (for now) violence of the PL.

Cikku said...

Joe Grima should acknowledge that he is a great liability for PL. He represents the oppressive regime. If he really wants to see Labour in government he should disappear and shut his big mouth. But he wouldn't because he cannot understand that his days are over. He has nothing to contribute. His " Best Before Date" is long overdue.

DCauchi said...

Out of this soap opera what is interesting is the challenge that JPO made toward Bondi.
The question is, will Bondi accept to confront JPO on Inkontri next November?
DCauchi