24 July 2011

Forget Nescafe, Cyrus is the real instant one

“I resigned from the PN and joined Labour. However, on the [Sliema local] council I am independent ... They [voters] chose me for my abilities and because they knew me, as an individual, not as a party.” So spoke Cyrus Engerer.

Let me see if I get this straight. Engerer praises the PN and Lawrence Gonzi to high heavens but resigns from the party a few days later. He instantly joins the Partit Laburista and claims to have been instantly taken into Joseph Muscat's confidence. The latter is supposed to have told him what the party policies are, even though he has told no one else. A few days ago Engerer instantly turned from a Gonzi to a Muscat flunky, calling on us Gozitans from his facebook page to come out and meet the Labour leader on his summer tour of our fair isle.

Today (Sunday), Engerer has instantly added yet another dimension to his political persona. He has instantly become a former PN, a present PL and an independent politician all rolled up in one, in the same instant.

Engerer's prospective constituents in the next election will have quite a challenge to get their mind around his platform. Perhaps they need a crash course in 'Creative Political Schizophrenia For Beginners'. Instantly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lou, I can't explain it, but this post has really put a smile on my face! LOL, and where did you find that picture? Blue shirt, red tie??

Anonymous said...

Some people.