3 October 2011

Report this, Saviour

Saviour Balzan, managing editor, Malta Today
I never thought I'd be promoting Saviour Balzan on this blog. But the following sequel to my post is too tempting to pass up. The Malta Today managing editor makes his Favourite Channel debut tonight @ 19:45. His guest will be Lawrence Grech, the St Joseph Home sexual abuse victim.

I will be pouring myself a glass of good Chianti, make myself comfortable and tick off which of the following questions the intrepid Saviour Balzan will ask.

1. Lawrence, let me start with this. You stated that Karl Stagno Navarra, Malta Today's journalist, asked you for money in exchange for an interview to be aired on Al Jazeera? How much money did he promise you? 

2. You also stated that the Malta Today journalist offered Joseph Magro, your fellow sexual abuse victim, money for showing his face on camera for the first time. Joseph Magro did in fact show his face for the first time on Al Jazeera. How much money did Karl Stagno Navarra promise him?

3. Lawrence, you said that the Malta Today journalist never gave you or Joseph Magro the money he promised. What do you think happened?

4. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, Al Jazeera forked out the money but it got stuck in Malta ... errr yesterday?

Lawrence, thank you so much for coming on Reporter, the only programme which reports everything.

3 comments:

MaltaFan said...

This issue is putting me, and I assume many others, in an uncomfortable position. I never doubted the story Lawrence Grech and his friends were stating about the way they were treated at St. Joseph's home. But now i have my doubts. If he was able to lie about you after you helped him (them) for all these years, not once but five times, what stopped them from lying about their carers?

Can you be certain that all they said was the truth? I had no doubt in my mind about this till a couple of days ago, but this confidence in their story is slowly eroding.

Maybe write a blog post about it, as this is the crucial part of the whole issue. Where do Lawrence's lies start, and where do they stop?

BondiBlog said...

@ MaltaFan - you hit the nail on the head and the question that you raise is the most crucial one. I will take your advice and blog on it soon.

JV said...

Lou, when you're at it, I suggest you check how Lawrence made a guest appearance in Santoro's Annozero sometime after the pope's visit.

Saviour's 'Reporter' had graphics uncannily similar to Raitre's 'Report'.