7 November 2011

Bob & Glen?

In a few days I'll be catching Bob Dylan live in Florence. To my shame, I confess that it will be the first time seeing the man in the flesh. It will be, how shall I put it, the closest thing to a religious experience I allow myself these days.

Perhaps it's the feverish anticipation which leads me to draw a weird connection between disparate thoughts. 

The previous post about the Barroso/Dalli letter provoked Glen Bedingfield, the maltastar editor, to tweet the following:
  
"He'll be reading it between Euro crisis meetings I bet!"

Ah, the irony. Glen Bedingfield defending John Dalli. 

Glen Bedingfield, who spent most of his journalistic life throwing mud at John Dalli, is now busy power washing him.

As Bob would (hopefully) sing ... "'The times they are a-changin'". Or maybe "Tangled up in blue". "Changing of the guards"? "Like a rolling stone"? 

Stop me.

8 comments:

Imbocca said...

Stop

Anonymous said...

He's not defending anyone, he's simply mocking your letter. There's a difference.

You should have gone with 'Simple Twist of Fate'.

silvio said...

"Religious experience"
Sounds funny coming from a self proclaimed atheist.

Matt said...

How did you come to the conclusion that he's defending Dalli?

He's just ridiculing your actions as are the 45 comments on the times online underneath the same story.

BondiBlog said...

@ Matt - Et Tu Matt ... I'm disappointed that even you went pathologically serious on me and did not see my tongue firmly planted in cheek.

And since when has The Times' comments section been a fountain of wisdom?

Antoine Vella said...

If Barroso doesn't read the letter, perhaps the European media will. Dalli is not the most popular of EU commissioners.

As for Bedingfield, he'll be reading it between knocking back a Clos de Gat (or, as he boasted once, a "crianza", which aptly rhymes with injoranza) and tucking into a "Coby" steak.

Matt said...

I agree with your last comment. It is most often a fountain of something else.

But if I had been you I wouldn't have sent that letter. I mean let's face it such a matter would hardly be on the list of Barroso's current priorities for obvious reasons - hence the common reaction at the story.

On the other hand one could argue that it was within your rights to ask such a question and that Dalli was overeacting.

Anonymous said...

Nispera li ma tiblax kanna bhali. Kont ili nohlom snin twal li nara lil Dylan, meta rajtu irqadt, sorry raqqadni.

John Xuereb