8 October 2011

My faith (in humanity) is restored

 
Yesterday, one of the victims of sexual abuse at St Joseph Home, and a witness in the court case, asked to see me.

I accepted without having a clue what it was going to be
about.

I'm glad I did.

Evidently emotional, he told me that he wanted to apologise for the way that Lawrence Grech and perhaps another one of the victims behaved towards me in the past weeks. 

Even though he had absolutely nothing to do with the lies and insults, he emphasised, he felt that he wanted to apologise face to face anyway. He also thanked me for standing by all the victims - including the ones who lied and insulted me - for the last 8 years.

This man will also be meeting Archbishop Pawl Cremona in the coming days to convey an apology for the public insults levelled against him by some of the victims.

I might be going soft in my dotage, but I was touched. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lou,
I strongly believe that there is more to come and more to be heard as this close is not closed yet.

j