7 August 2011

Miq Miq

Like a rolling stone
This trailer was in front of me in the Gozo ferry car queue. I confess total ignorance in transport security measures. So what I have to say might be completely off the mark.

But sitting in my car behind this behemoth was quite disturbing. Each of the four Ggantija-sized boulders was secured only by a single strap no wider than the waist belt I was wearing. More scarily, there did not seem to be anything at all to prevent them from sliding back.

The boulder in the back being the size of my Mini behind it, I kept imagining myself in a final scene of a Roadrunner sequence when yet another one of Wile E. Coyote's harebrained schemes goes very, very wrong. Miq Miq.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come to your homeland more often Lou. Exposing such and other obscenities on your blog might one day help us Gozitans get rid of the 'ghax jien kbir u b'sahti naghmel li nrid' attitude.
It is a pity that many of us law abiding citizens at times are not protected by those who are paid to ensure that certain obscenities do not take place!!!!